Victim Suffers Burns To Chest, Laceration To CheekPOSTED: 11:29 am EST November 4, 2009
UPDATED: 2:12 pm EST November 4, 2009
ROYAL PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A pressure cleaner was injured after some chemicals he was mixing exploded.
The incident occurred at about 11 a.m. outside 128 Derby Lane.
Fire-rescue crews inspect the chemicals that were used at the time of the explosion.
Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue District Chief Robin Herring said the owner of Kevin's Pressure Cleaning was mixing chemicals in a 5-gallon bucket when he was injured. Herring said it was possible the man was smoking at the time.
"We don't know whether the chemicals mixed caused the reaction or the actual fumes from the chemical, plus the smoking," Herring said.
The man suffered chemical burns to his chest and a laceration to his cheek. He was taken to Palms West Hospital.
Contact us: Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida 711 Westbrook Avenue Brandon FL 33511 - 813 655 8777